Building Effective Teams
A One or Two Day Workshop Program Conducted
On-site and Highly Customized to Meet Your Teams Specific Needs
Overview of the Team Building Progam
Who Would Benefit from the Team Building Program:
-Project Teams invovled in technology implementations
-Software development teams
-Continuous improvement teams
-Executive Leadership teams
-Lean, Six Sigma teams
-High performance teams
-Operations improvement teams
-Training design teams
-Quality improvement teams
-Safety Improvement teams
-Risk Management teams
-Innovation development teams
-New product and service development teams
Why is Team Building Important?
Teams are complex and dynamic entities.
By addressing and engaging in fundamental team-building principles, team will analyze and build a better understanding of the dynamics that exists among team members and the impact these dynamics have on task accomplishment. Team members will use this understanding to work together toward greater team effectiveness and growth.
The ultimate outcome of this team-building program is to have a high level of commitment to a common purpose having shared goals and shared accountabilities.
The Members in the Team Believe That:
• Team members have a reason and purpose for working together effectively.
• Team members need each other’s experience, ability, and commitment to achieve the mutually held goals.
• Team members believe that working cooperatively will lead to more effective output than working alone.
• Team members wish to become leaders, inspire each other, and leverage the full potential of each executive.
• Team members work together in order to help others be greater than they are when working by themselves.
What Team Member Participants Will Learn:
• Skills for building mutual trust, confidence, and influence with each other.
• The most effective way to define a team’s purpose, and “the job to be done.”
• How to connect the work of the team to the overall strategy of the firm.
• Skills to master effective interpersonal communications between team members
• How to bring clarity to team roles and responsibilities.
• How to work effectively as a group and team.
• How to handle conflicts within the team.
• How to influence with integrity.
• How to understand and manage small group dynamics, tasks, and process.
• How to build team consensus.
• Skills in verbal and non-verbal communications.
• How to communicate like a “trusted advisor.”
• How to build team goals and objectives.
• How to effectively utilize team resources, skills, talents, and abilities.
• How to be an effective team leader.
• How to master team problem solving and decision making.
• How to define the team’s character, priorities, and tasks.
• How to effectively recognize and leverage individual and team strengths.
• How to build team cohesiveness.
• How to build team innovation and creativity
• How to run an effective team meeting
• How to work effectively with different team member personalities.
Program Preparation and Data Gathering
To focus and tailor the workshop to your needs prior to each session the facilitator will conduct personal telephone interviews with each team members and team leaders.
The information that is gathered will be integrated into the workshop design to ensure content and process relevancy, improve participant buy-in, and speed the application of the skills to the work environment.
Team members and leaders will leave the workshop confident in the use and practice of their team skills and motivated to use them.
Immediate team effectiveness will result!
Learning Modalities Utilized in the Workshop
Participants will be actively engaged throughout the workshop through their involvement in:
• Small and large group discussions and exercises
• Role playing and team assessment and development tools
• Experienced based learning: "Working Together as a Team" exercises
• Case Study: self and team assessment and instrumentations.
• Team development simulations
• Tools for problem solving in teams
• Action planning and team measurement development
Your Facilitator: Mark Hordes, Senior Team Building Consultant, Mark Hordes Management Consultants, LLC. https://www.markhordes.com
• MBA and MS Aurora University.
• American Graduate School of International Management.
• BS, University of Houston.
• Senior management advisor and team building consultant.
• Co-author of the best -selling business book: S-Business: Reinventing the Services Organization, Select Press, New York, New York
• Former partner Accenture (technology team building,business development, software and change management global engagements).
• Best Services Sales Article Award, AFSMI, “Best Day, Everyday, Rules of the Road for ‘Getting to Yes’ in Selling Professional Services.”.
Team Building Workshop Clients Include:
3M, AGFA, Allstream, Canon Europe, Caterpillar, Cisco, Computer Design & Integration, Datatel, Diebold, EDS, Emerson, Fujitsu, Gambro, Intel, Konica Minolta, Kronos, Plumtree Software, AFSM International, CompTIA, CIMPA, Association of Internal Management Consultants, Sealed Air, Eclipse, Shell, Stratus Technologies, Taleo and Timberline Software
Team Building Delivery Models
-Half and full day workshops conducted anywhere in the U.S. and Internationally
-Multiple team discounts are available
-Post workshop coaching
-Webinar updates and reinforcement
-Team Leader assessment and coaching